The physicians of Nephrology Specialists of Oklahoma (NSO) have been practicing in Tulsa since 1984. We offer comprehensive care for adult patients with kidney disorders, including acute and chronic kidney diseases, primary and secondary forms of hypertension, the nephrotic syndrome, diabetic nephropathy, polycystic kidney diseases, the metabolic basis for kidney stones, glomerulonephritis, renal vasculitis, and renal transplantation. We also provide vascular access services for patients receiving hemodialysis (at the vascular Access Center of Tulsa.) We are proficient in the supervision of patients receiving several different modalities of extracorporeal renal replacement therapy, including conventional and nocturnal in-center hemodialysis, home hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis. We are now developing a program for nocturnal at home hemodialysis. Our nephrologists have active practices at most of the major hospitals in the Tulsa area including Saint Francis Hospital, Saint Francis Hospital-South, Hillcrest Medical Center, Hillcrest Hospital-South, Saint John Medical Center, and Kindred Hospital-Tulsa.
Patients are referred to us for a variety of reasons including:
• Sudden loss of kidney function (acute kidney injury or failure)
• Progressively declining kidney function (chronic kidney disease)
• Blood in the urine (hematuria)
• Protein in the urine (proteinuria)
• High blood pressure (hypertension) that is difficult to control
• Electrolyte disorders or acid/base imbalance
• Kidney transplantation, both initial evaluation and post-operative follow-up
• Evaluation of the metabolic basis for kidney stones
If you have been referred to our practice and would like to set up an appointment with one of our nephrologists, please contact us at one of the telephone numbers listed on our Contact page.